Tuesday, January 11, 2011

another wall sculpture and hemlock






You might be wondering where the heck did I find the bluejay feathers, well that is it I found them. I am thinking a cat had a chance at the jay and the bird lost a few feathers. I kept the feathers until I had the right materials to use them, together I have a piece of found wood and I am in the middle of making a couple molds of a bird. My friend Vince let me use a bird head mold that he made a little while ago and I had also found a little bird statue at the Bible For Missions op shop. To make my new molds I am using a liquid latex rubber (Burma Rubber) and once that is complete I can pour plaster into them to make my bird heads. Sounds strange, or hard to picture so I will try to post a few more photos of the process and hopefully that would give a good idea on how everything is made.

I've posted a photo of my Hemlock bark, boiling, seeping and turning itself into a dye. I have no idea how this will turn out, but if all is good I can finally dye some paper or use the dye as an ink, paint or stain. It is a bit of an experiment, that is what makes this type of work fun.

I will make another post this week and or weekend to show my progress in the sculptures and the dye so make sure to visit my art blog again. Thanks and enjoy.

No comments: