Friday, July 02, 2010

mobiles, cogs and encaustic






sorry the photos are really hard to show how this mobile looks. after finishing up the wax and balancing everything out with the horn and the cogs this first of many mobiles is really neat. i started preparing the second set of cogs using more pigmented wax but i mixed up some turquoise and a bright green. yeeks bright green i say, my palette these days is pretty much all over the place. however my work is pulling together into a nice series of work. i say my pieces are nice because in long while i have not felt so good with the work that i have created. i have thought of possible searching for a place that i can put together an installation piece, hopefully the mobiles create some interest and someone will knock on my door. i am not sure if anyone actually reads what i write or just skims through the photos, but if you are interested in any of my work i should have you know most of my work is for sale. ok then, more too come...

earlie

1 comment:

Zee-AHH said...

Squiearlie, I like that name by the way, in one your blogs you comment, more like wonder, if anyone reads your blogs. Well, you should know, that I do read each and every post, always! I'm a big fan of yours and hope you know that! I may not be the art afficionada you would like me to be but, I'm there with ya Earlie! Just be safe!!!